Great brands are built on an authentic foundation of brand values, messages and strategies that drive internal culture, inform external marketing, and build solid connections with their audiences. Muse helps clients to lay those foundations and build those connections. Our team of designers, writers, strategists and thinkers lead with passion. Your journey begins with Muse.
Careers at Muse
We’re always looking for exceptional people who love what they do. If you have a passion for marketing, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume, even if you don’t see your position listed here. Please note that Muse DOES NOT hire through employment agencies. Offers of employment being presented by any agency in Canada or overseas are not legitimate.
Muse is looking for an experienced Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You have a diverse skill set, a great attitude, and the desire to grow creatively and professionally with the Muse team. You are a problem solver with the drive to improve best practices. You will be responsible for bringing big ideas and exceptional user experience to life. Working with a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, you will use your technical skills to execute creative design and backend functionality, delivered through your excellent communication skills and leadership.
- Execute mood-boards, creative briefs, and wireframes into fully realized websites, from onboarding to deployment and beyond
- Use the latest web technologies to create optimized and fast loading websites
- Collaborate with the team
- Participate in strategic brainstorming and concept development to bring unique functionality to life
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Contribute to innovative development
- Participate in new business initiatives
- Write clean HTML structures
- Execute and plan strategic backlink strategies
- Setup and manage forms, plugins, APIs, integrations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years experience, preferably in a digital agency.
- A keen eye for design with the ability to provide feedback on improving user experience, functionality, SEO, and overall results for client websites.
- Experience developing and/or maintaining custom themes in WordPress using Advanced Custom Fields.
- Experience with PHP, plugin development, and theme functionality for WordPress
- Familiar with Github, Bitbucket, and other popular development tools.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and Google Tag Manager.
- Solid understanding of basic SEO practices.
- Familiar with creating and implementing various tracking methods on websites and web forms
- Coding and deployment of E-blast newsletters, or willingness to learn. Experience with MailChimp is an asset.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser issues and workarounds.
- Experience using/customizing popular online APIs such as Google Maps.
- Only applicants with a portfolio will be considered.
- Your Portfolio should demonstrate an understanding of design principles.
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefits
- Friendly, Positive Work Environment
- Open Concept Office
- Convenient Location
Be inspired everyday.
At Muse we put passion first. Our team members work closely to foster a creative work culture. Do you have what it takes to be a Muse?
“Muse built our current website for The Cotton Factory in 2016. The site has performed extremely well over the last two years, and we have seen increased traffic and engagement. Through the user-friendly content management system, we have been able to make changes and updates ourselves, and when we do need support, Muse is quick to respond to our requests.”Rob ZeidlerOwner, The Cotton Factory
“Working with Muse to Redesign, Refresh and Refine our brand and our messaging has been an amazing experience. Muse brought with them a host of creative, insightful, and engaging ideas that have allowed us to create opportunities for our brand we did not think were possible. Business is up, customer engagement has increased, and our team is excited and proud to showcase our new look!”Andrea McCarthyDirector of Operations, Bullivant Health + Safety
“Mark and Judy have a great team. They listened to me about my ideas and thoughts and really wanted to understand me so that they could pull the best designs together for my brand. I love my website and I have received lots of great feedback. I love my business cards. I have enjoyed working with them.”Maria ThorntonOwner, Flour Child Bakery
“Once Muse presented their fresh concept for our firm, we knew we had found our Marketing partner. Muse studied our complex technical concept and created a clear brand and message that resonates within our market. Their professionalism and creativity have positioned Muse as a valued advisor to our company.”Scott HarropPresident & CEO, RTA Corp.
“Muse brought unbridled enthusiasm and creative ideas to our children’s festival from day one. It’s a delight to find someone who understands the big picture and yet can keep track of the micro details, meet deadlines and stay on budget. We set some lofty targets, and Muse helped us to reach and surpass every one.”Susan JasperFounder, Telling Tales Festival
“I have worked with Mark throughout his career. Our flagship company, Historia Building Restoration Inc. has received 23 years of compliments on our logo and how perfectly our brand has helped to establish our company’s presence in the community, and in the restoration industry in general. Mark’s concepts are best described as ‘bang on’.”Jeff FeswickPresident, Historia Building Restoration Inc.
“Muse Marketing Group developed a seamless online presence for my creative ceramics studio. The design savvy creative team at Muse set out to share my creative journey and the results are astounding. Precise, diligent, and smart; the Muse Marketing Group team puts you and your entity first.”Christopher Reid FlockCeramic Artist
“I have the privilege of working with Muse Marketing Group as our chief marketing consultants. Judy is highly organized, goal oriented, hard working and strategic. Simply put, Judy “GETS IT”. I highly recommend that all businesses looking for marketing help connect with Muse Marketing Group. You won’t be disappointed.”Craig SpearOwner, Momentum Fitness
“When I was looking for assistance with the marketing aspect of my businesses, I didn’t expect the breath of fresh air that Mark and Judy brought to my life! These are people that genuinely care about your business and want to know and understand it as deeply as possible so that they can represent you with accuracy and with heart.”Katie McClellendOwner, De La Sol Yoga Studios
“As a new company in a highly competitive market, we knew we needed to effectively communicate the unique features and benefits of our product. Muse crafted our Brand Story early in their process. We continually use our Story because it guides us in the building of our business and in our messaging.”Julie HarrisMagenta Pharma